Hire My Outfit

Hire My Outfit is a company ran by Jude Gilchrist. The company she has produced and created Hires out outfits to their customers for different special occasions - they have various Cocktail Dresses, Prom Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Wedding and Christening outfits, Office Wear and Outfits perfect for a Day at the Races - all of which you can look at online. You can decide which dresses catch your eye, then give Jude a ring, ask to pop over to her house and try on a of the few outfits you like. You can even take your friends and Partner with you, let them sit watching TV and having a glass of wine, or a cup of tea whilst you put on a bit of a fashion show and try on different dresses, shoes, hats, pashmina's and decide which outfit you love most; and the best thing? If you hire the Dress you pay nothing to hire the matching shoes, bag, hat or pashmina - if they're avaliable to use. The whole idea behind the company is that you don't have to worry about trekking around town for hours on end trying to find a suitable dress for your special occasion, that's only getting closer and closer, you don't have to buy a dress that you'll probably only wear once, which will then be cramming up your wardrobe for the rest of eternity, you can visit a nice cosy home with a friendly host and it'll save you getting aching feet and complaining partner.

Another thing that Hire My Outfit offers is Making your Wardrobe work for you. Statistics show that most women only wear about 15% of the clothes in their wardrobe, that means the other 85% of clothing is pointlessly cramming up your wardrobe with space you could be using for nice new clothes - ones that you'll actually wear. Jude offers a service which means you don't have to make a trip to the charity shop or mess about trying to sell your clothes on e-bay - using critical time you could be working or spending with your family - washing, ironing and photographing all the clothes you want to sell; she comes to collect your outfits, steam cleans them, photographs them, stores them and then puts them on the Hire My Outfit website for other people to wear (and then pay's you!!). This means other people can wear and enjoy the clothes you enjoyed wearing once or twice; other people can make long lasting memories wearing the same special dress that you once loved and that made you feel like a princess - what about that isn't appealing? Plus you'll get all your wardrobe space back and the excuse to buy lots of new clothes.

I personally think the whole idea behind Hire My Outfit is a great one. With Prom season looming it's the perfect excuse to give Jude a visit and try on some of her frocks - it's a fun way of avoiding shopping if it's not really your cup of tea, but you still get the whole experience of choosing and trying on different dresses with your Mum giving you different opinions on each dress until you eventually find the frock that you know you could just wear forever, given half a chance. And even if you're unsure on the whole idea of hiring an outfit instead of going to a high street store and buying one - why not give it a chance, visit Jude and see how you get on? There's no pressure to hire the dress then and there - maybe go away and think about it - but you never know you may love trying on the frocks and becoming a Frockette.

To visit the Hire My Outfit website click Here or to visit their Facebook page click Here!

"I think that playing dress up begins at age five and never truly ends"

Until Next Time,

Alice x

Continue Reading...